Although we have a strong base of participants and contributors they are aging and we need to be more relevant to today's generation and future contributors. We did develop a website primarily as a way for persons to learn about our organization and participants receive updates on our outing. Unfortunately the person who designed our site moved away and then it got a virus and we could not get it restored. Our Board and Committee members do not have the knowledge or ability to re-design so we are looking for the opportunity to enhance our previous site. Our thinking is to not only serve as a place to learn about our Charity and the organizations we support but be able to register, buy memorabilia, and donate to our charity year round.
Paired with Jellyrollers
We at the Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities (CBCC) have been raising funds and working with two notable Chicago hospitals working to fight cancer through supporting Cancer research and treatment. We are a 501-C organization where everyone volunteers their time including our Golf Committee and Executive Board. Last year we celebrated our 47th anniversary and our primary event has and continues to be our annual Golf Outing. It is held each year around Baseball's All-Star break. Over these 47 years we have raised over $16 Million through the work of these events, sponsorship and private donations. At our annual golf outing we match foursomes with current and former celebrities. Although we are called the CBCC we are fortunate to have a host of celebrities participate including players from Chicago sports teams including baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and soccer. Along with personnel from their front office and many personalities from TV, radio and newspaper.
We realize we have become comfortable in our process and have come to realize we need to embrace current technology. We are working to bring in younger members to our Committee to enable us to reach more individuals who will hopefully get involved by donating or participating in our event. We are needing to make our registration easier for participants and know that having this feature available will do just that. It will also assist us in our bookings and accounting. A website would dramatically modernize our charity in new and exciting way, and we are anxious to see where it will take us.
- We need to have a landing page where persons who have heard of us can find more information
- We need to make it easier for our participants and sponsors to share charity details with others
- We would like to have the ability to accept donations from our web page
- A photo gallery to post pictures of the events throughout the year
Registration for annual golf outing
- Having the ability to register and pay online
- Currently this is done through check on the day of the event or mailed in prior and can be a logistical headache
- Ability to streamline our golf pairings, bag tags and other information to the course prior to the event
Ability to purchase memorabilia
- Normally we have some memorabilia available and find it difficult letting people know what and how to bid / buy
- This will allow us to post items throughout the year and make us more relevant year round
- To better promote our Organization and all of the charitable work we do year round
- Allow us to showcase the work we are helping to fund at the hospitals and all the great work they do around Cancer research and prevention
- Allow us to share insights about Camp One Step at a Time
- Golf pairings
- Money collection
- Better audit trail
- Community Issue